I have a bit of a crush on Tom Cronin he’s a very special person with a very special purpose. A spiritual entrepreneur with the mission of inspiring 1 billion people to sit in meditation daily. Tom discovered meditation in the early stages of his career in finance as a tool for stress management. His experiences through meditation were not only immediate but very profound. He explored deeper into the realms of his meditation practice and after studying advanced courses in Bali, India and Australia, he qualified as a Meditation Teacher.
Today, Tom is on a mission. He has an unwavering commitment to reducing stress and chaos in people’s lives, cultivating peace, calm and shared abundance across the globe, and assisting in the planetary shift that is already taking place. Using multiple streams from film, online, retreats, blogs, books, and personal mentoring, he hopes to inspire 1 billion people to sit in Stillness daily and connect with their inner Being transcending the barriers of separation.
Here he shares the story behind The Stillness Project and 10 ways you can make your work your life’s purpose.
What inspired you to create The Stillness Project?
I was so transformed through my meditation practice, overcoming anxiety, panic attacks and depression that I felt compelled to share this with the world. Our mission with The Stillness Project is to inspire 1 billion people to meditate daily.
“The Stillness Project is a movement of change. Although the world is becoming smaller and we are becoming more connected, we are also becoming more stressed, tired, unhappy and disconnected. We are at a tipping point, and we can go one of two ways. Which way will it go? The Stillness Project has a mission to bring the very essence of who we are back into our lives STILLNESS. Their vision is to unite millions of minds across the globe, all connected in peace, harmony and stillness. The Team at The Stillness Project feel a revolution of change is about to sweep across the planet. This is a shift that is born out of the need of the time, and that time is now. We have all the technology, all the information, all the gadgets and hyper-stimulation, but one thing is missing: Stillness.”
In the year before making your career change, how would you describe your mental, emotional and spiritual state to a close and trusted friend? Was there an event/events which served as catalysts for the work you now do?
Leaving my 26-year career in finance was a gradual transition and process. As time went on I took steps to prepare for the move. It was uncomfortable in finance however I could see the merit in the discomfort and in a way embraced it knowing it was the catalyst for me to find more purpose in my life. If it wasn’t uncomfortable I’d still be there. But the last year it was getting really, really uncomfortable!!
How does The Stillness Project bring your unique talents to life? In what way does it give you personal fulfilment or a sense of purpose?
The Stillness Project is about helping people find inner calm and relief from stress and suffering. It’s very rewarding to hear from people all over the world who have had their lives changed.
What drives you to do the work that you do and keep going?
See above ☺
What has been a highlight of the business so far?
Hosting the retreats in Bali, Maui and Byron Bay are always a powerful experience for the attendees. Seeing years of stress dissolve and a shiny loving light person come through the other side is amazing!
How does your work serve a higher purpose on planet earth? And how does that make you feel?
Much of the world’s issue is stress. The World Health Organisation calls stress an epidemic of the 21st century. If we can reduce stress, we reduce many of the world’s issues. It feels like a big challenge, but one we are committed to.
The WHO calls stress an epidemic of the 21st century.Click To Tweet
What are 10 ways in which someone can make their work their life’s purpose?
- Find your life’s purpose! For many this will be the greatest challenge of all. We all have inherent skills and talents that are our way of expressing our fullest potential to inspire people and enact change on the plan. Finding that mission is the first step of the process.
- Have a firm belief that you have the ability to earn a living from this mission. Change your perspective. Instead of aiming to “make money,” you are “adding value.”
- Be patient and allow time to unfold. It will take time for your vision to manifest to the point where you’re able to earn enough money from this dream. Give yourself 1 to 2 years in the developmental phase until you were able to earn enough to live off.
- Surround yourself with people who have the same vision as you. Bring together people that share your views, are motivated and inspired to join you in this process.
- Think global. There are people all over the planet far and wide were able to bring your vision to life. With websites like Freelancer and others, you are able to access people from all over the world who will be able to help you fulfill your vision.
- Keep leaping over the hurdles. There will be many challenges in the process and these challenges are there to sift the people who are truly enthusiastic and hungry from those who are not. The successful people are the ones who continue to leap over the hurdles and do not surrender.
Have fun. This is a journey, not an end goal. It is about you, expressing your creative potential, and changing lives for the better.
- Don’t leap from your day job too early. You’ll need funding in the early stages of this process and as much as you may not enjoy your present gig, it still has relevance. Recognise that it’s a stepping-stone and all stepping-stones have a purpose
- Find a good mentor, guide, or business coach. These people will be able to help you see something in yourself that you weren’t able to see. When someone helps you shift your perception of yourself to a higher level then you will naturally start to operate at a greater capacity.
- Meditate daily. It has been proven that daily meditation sessions will increase your creativity, your consciousness, and keep you calm and collected throughout the process.
What great lesson or lessons have you learnt so far in life?
To always be a student and be humble.
How would you like to be remembered?
Kind, loving and gentle ☺
If you could give one piece of advice what would it be and why?
Learn to meditate and do it every day.Click To TweetLearn to meditate and do it every day.
A few of my favourite bonus questions with Tom…
Who or what is your favourite?
- Musician? Sigur Ros.
- Author? Emmanuel (although not technically the author)
- Movie? The Matrix
- Breakfast? Avocado on gluten free toast with a squeeze of lemon and salt and pepper
- Mantra or quote? “Yogastah Kuru Karmani” – Established in being, perform action
Find out more about Tom:
Facebook Instagram Twitter LinkedIn Google+ Web
The Stillness Project:
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Google+ YouTube Web
Thank you for visiting Your Legacy Project and for consciously choosing to live life on your own terms. Everything we do here at YLP is designed to serve you.
So tell me, what is your Legacy Project going to be? Let’s learn from Tom, absorb his advice and meditate daily. Let’s consciously work towards doing work that serves a higher purpose and connect to our inner wisdom through meditation.
I’d love to know do you meditate? Has it helped you in your business and life? How does it make you feel? Please share in the comments below – I’d love to hear from you.
Live with purpose!